We’re Hiring! CAIR-LA Career Opportunities!
The CAIR-Greater Los Angeles Area is looking for passionate and talented individuals to join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community, promoting civic engagement, and building coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Immigrants' Rights Attorney (Full-time, Exempt, Salary Position)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide legal representation to individuals facing removal proceedings in Los Angeles Immigration Court
- Conduct client intake, and prepare applications and petitions for submission to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Participate in community outreach and educational activities, including legal clinics and know your rights presentations
- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, legal articles, and legal codes
- Prepare legal documents such as memos, briefs, and motions
Civil Rights Attorney (Full-time, Exempt, Salary Position)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct intakes and investigate legal claims through effective communication with an incredibly diverse community
- Legal writing including, but not limited to, drafting complaints, letters, and memos; and non-legal writing including drafting community advisories, issue briefings, and reports
- Communicate with outside parties such as attorneys, employers, law enforcement agents, administrative agencies, etc.
- Work to educate and empower diverse community members on their rights through community presentations and material distributions.
Communications Manager (Full-time, Exempt, Salary Position)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan
- Create a brand/marketing/public relations strategy that will allow CAIR-LA to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted audiences, including the media, public officials and key influencers
- Curate content and increase audience engagement on CAIR-LA’s social media channels
- Serve as lead point person on media interactions (editors, reporters, producers and other media professionals) that help promote and/or impact the organization and actively cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to the sector, as well as CAIR-LA’s programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.