We’re Hiring! CAIR-LA Career Opportunities!
The CAIR-Greater Los Angeles Area is looking for passionate and talented individuals to join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community, promoting civic engagement, and building coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Civil Rights Attorney (Full-time, Exempt, Salary Position)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct intakes and investigate legal claims through effective communication with an incredibly diverse community
- Legal writing including, but not limited to, drafting complaints, letters, and memos; and non-legal writing including drafting community advisories, issue briefings, and reports
- Communicate with outside parties such as attorneys, employers, law enforcement agents, administrative agencies, etc.
- Work to educate and empower diverse community members on their rights through community presentations and material distributions.
Administrative Coordinator (Part-time, Non-exempt position)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with IT contractor for staff’s IT needs
- Coordinate logistics for staff and Board meetings
- Handle incoming phone calls and greet guests
- Coordinate with staff for day-to-day office needs
- Coordinate with property manager for building maintenance
- Coordinate ticket sales for fundraising events
- Coordinate with volunteers for specific projects
- Basic data entry and follow-up of donations
- Record and receipt incoming donations and pledges
- Prepare mailing lists for appeals, events and announcements
Communications Manager (Full-time, Exempt, Salary position)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan
- Create a brand/marketing/public relations strategy that will allow CAIR-LA to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted audiences, including the media, public officials and key influencers
- Curate content and increase audience engagement on CAIR-LA’s social media channels
- Serve as lead point person on media interactions (editors, reporters, producers and other media professionals) that help promote and/or impact the organization and actively cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to the sector, as well as CAIR-LA’s programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.