Schedule type: Full-time (Exempt, Salary position)
Location: Office located in Anaheim, CA. Requires travel throughout Greater Los Angeles Area.
CAIR-LA is hiring for an Operations Manager or Director. The Operations Manager or Director will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of CAIR-LA’s day-to-day administrative, financial and operational functions. The position contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing landscape of priorities and responsibilities and be able to work independently and on a variety of teams. Excellent project management, administrative and clerical skills, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines are required. The successful candidate will be a thoughtful, creative, compassionate and dynamic leader and manager who excels at leading a talented and diverse team. The ability to successfully manage crises and rapid change are essential to this position.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Oversee financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Ensure compliance with nonprofit laws and regulations.
- Efficiently manage departmental workflow and optimize inter-departmental communication.
- Evaluate nonprofit performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Develop and manage the annual budget, and individual program and department budgets, in collaboration with the Executive Director and department managers.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
- Support organization-wide planning, development, and communication activities, as needed and ensure adherence to CAIR-LA’s goals and policies within the project area.
- Supervise and coordinate administrative activities for the Administration Department.
- Recruit and manage an appropriate team to promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign duties, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct performance reviews.
- Providing consulting services on matters related to fundraising, tax and insurance questions, and business structure and growth.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required for Manager level position. Advanced degree (JD, MBA, MPA or related degree) required for Director level position.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in operations management or administrative field required for Manager level. 5+ years experience with at least 1 year of experience in a Director-level management role or any senior leadership role with commensurate responsibilities in terms of managing budget, talent, team, and program (in the nonprofit sector preferred).
- Extensive project management experience with proven ability to deliver results
- Commitment to social justice and passion for CAIR’s mission and values.
- An intuitive ability to recognize and appropriately convey the sensitive nature of any situation and the ability to keep all matters appropriately confidential is necessary.
- Proven ability to give, deny or ask for information in a tactful and friendly manner and discretion in giving information about plans and/or action to anyone is required.
- Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situation and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status.
- Experience supervising and delegating responsibilities effectively.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other CAIR employees to foster aid, promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of the organization to promote its aims and objectives.
- Salary range: (commensurate with experience) Manager position – $55,000-$65,000. Director position – $65,000-$75,000.
- Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Please send 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) three professional references to: email@example.com In the subject line, please indicate whether you are applying for the Manager or Director position, No phone calls please.
December 14, 2018 or until position is filled
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.