- This event has passed.
300 N. Los Angeles St.
January 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace (ICUJP) will hold its eleventh annual “Close Guantanamo Now” protest rally from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. in front of the Downtown Los Angeles Federal Building at 300 N. Los Angeles St. (90012).
This event will also be live-streamed on Facebook.
Grace Dyrness, activist/ ICUJP Board member emeritus, will serve as moderator. There will be speakers and a tableau of kneeling, orange-jumpsuited, black-hooded detainees.
CLICK HERE at the time of the event to watch the rally live.
- Mohammad Tajsar of the ACLU of Southern California
- Jim Lafferty of the National Lawyers Guild
- Carley Towne of Code Pink
- Shane Que Hee of Out Against War
- Shakeel Syed of American Muslims for Palestine
- Estee Chandler of Jewish Voice for Peace
- Fayaz Nawabi of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR)
At its peak, the illegal detention center at Guantanamo Bay held some 800 men and boys of Muslim faith – most of whom were never charged with a crime. Today, 39 prisoners still languish there.
Let’s send a message:
Close Guantanamo NOW! Release all detainees, end torture NOW and prosecute the torturers and those who authorized them.