As-salamu Alaikum (peace be upon you),
During my speech at the Democratic National Convention last year, I said “Like many immigrants, we came to this country empty-handed. We believed in American democracy; that with hard work and goodness of this country, we could share in and contribute to its blessings.”
President Donald Trump and his circle of dangerous advisors believe American Muslims should not be included among those who contribute to our country.
The damage many warned that a Trump presidency could cause the United States and American Muslims is beginning to take shape. But we – you and I – cannot and will not allow this to happen. And with the help of CAIR, we will succeed.
I ask you to support CAIR’s efforts to respond to these threats to our country and American Muslims. Send your generous and urgently needed contribution to CAIR. You can help by:
Becoming a monthly donor and sustaining CAIR’s work for the long-term. Help us meet our goal of 100 new monthly donors in Trumps First 100 Days.
- Making a one-time donation of $5,000, $1,000, $500, $100, or any other amount you are able to.
CAIR filed a major lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Trump’s Executive Order banning immigrants from several Muslim majority countries.
CAIR’s staff also responded by providing legal services to those detained, spoke out against the Executive Order in the media, advocated with political leaders to lift the ban and increased alliances with partners who stand in solidarity with the American Muslim community.
You and I know defending our constitutional rights requires a long-term, strategic and effective effort. And I strongly believe CAIR is an organization already doing that.
To defend the rights of American Muslims in the Trump presidency, CAIR-LA is focusing on four major areas:
- Strengthen the legal department to meet the urgent needs. CAIR will fight back to send a message that we will not become victims or second class citizens;
- Develop and mobilize coalitions and partnerships with other civil rights, interfaith, and progressive organizations and leaders;
- Work with media outlets to expose and challenge the growing climate of bigotry, Islamophobia and those behind it;
- Build political clout by mobilizing the community in California, which can influence the rest of the country.
We know the fight will be long and hard, but we also know justice is on our side. But we have to do our part. We have to step up and sacrifice more of our time, energy and wealth than ever before to overcome this challenge.
Regardless of what challenges the future holds, I know that CAIR has your back. CAIR will continue to fight for our rights, defend the freedoms enshrined in our Constitution, and confront the maliciousness of Islamophobia.
Please rush your monthly or one-time donation to CAIR-LA now. Your donation is urgently needed to help protect the rights of our community.
Thank you for your time and for standing with us in this important fight for our constitutional freedoms.