The Council on American-Islamic Relations – California (CAIR – CA) is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill the full-time CAIR – CA Bookkeeper position at the Anaheim office.
Join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community and strengthening the image of Islam and American Muslims in the media. This position is to be filled immediately.
- Prepare accounting schedules, monthly financial statements and reports.
- Manage account payable & receivable.
- Complete monthly reconciliations of bank account.
- Process invoices and credit card charges.
- Complete journal entry.
- Collect and coordinate tax return filing and financial audits.
- Monitoring organization compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Provide support to each of the four offices.
- Working with CAIR – CA Treasurer to review, create, and implement necessary finance policies and streamlined across four offices.
- Other tasks as requested.
- Reports directly to the Board of Directors Treasurer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree (preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Experience in the non-profit sector (preferred).
- Proven mastery of QuickBooks (required)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accountability and to work independently while functioning as part of a coordinated management team.
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to handle multiple tasks while working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Salary range based on education, skills and experience
- Benefits included (medical, dental, and retirement)
- Paid vacations and holidays
Please submit resume and cover letter (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE) to Arefa Simjee at email@example.com.