The California Statewide Direct Primary Election is on Tuesday, June 3, 2014. Please review the following information to learn everything you need to know regarding voter registration, deadlines, polling station locations, and other resources.
Deadline to Register
The deadline to register to vote is May 19, 2014. After May 19, online registration will close and hand-delivered registration forms will not be accepted. Mail-in forms postmarked after May 19th will not be accepted.
How to Register
You can register to vote right now by filling out the online application at registertovote.ca.gov. You will need the following to register online:
• Your California driver license or California identification card number,
• The last four digits of your social security number
• Your date of birth.
–By Mail or Hand-Deliver–
You can pick up a paper voter registration application at your county elections office, library, Department of Motor Vehicles offices, or U.S. post office. It is important that your voter registration application be filled out completely and be postmarked or hand-delivered to your county elections office at least 15 days before the election (by May 19, 2014).
To register to vote in California, you must be:
• A United States citizen,
• A resident of California,
• 18 years of age or older on Election Day,
• Not in prison, on parole, serving a state prison sentence in county jail, serving a sentence for a felony pursuant to subdivision (h) of Penal Code section 1170, or on post release community supervision, and
• Not found by a court to be mentally incompetent.
Checking To See If You Have Already Registered to Vote
To find out if you are currently registered to vote, visit www.sos.ca.gov/elections/registration-status/