The Muslim Youth Leadership Program is an intensive, four-day retreat in Sacramento designed to introduce American Muslim high school students to the areas of media, law, and government–avenues that shape public opinion and public policy.
The MYLP students will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of California’s legislative process
- Sharpen leadership skills, gain valuable campaign and organizing tools
- Make new friends with other students from across California
- Meet elected officials and improve networking skill
- Receive hands-on training in the areas of civic engagement and media advocacy
- Mock legislature at the State Capitol (serve as a senator for a day and debate important public policy issues ranging from elections, education, and public safety)
Where: The program takes place in Sacramento.
When: 2024 dates TBA
Who: Muslim high school students from across California.
- The deadline for submitting a student application is TBA.
- Student applications submitted after the deadline will be placed on a waitlist.
MYLP relies on the support of young leaders in our community to serve as advisors during the program. All advisors are assigned to a group of 3 to 4 students and are responsible for creating a welcoming and safe environment. Interested college students and young professionals should submit their applications by TBA.
For details, contact your local CAIR-CA office.