The Muslim Youth Leadership Program is an intensive, four-day retreat in Sacramento designed to introduce American Muslim high school students to the areas of media, law, and government–avenues that shape public opinion and public policy.
The program takes place in Sacramento. Over the course of MYLP, students will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of California’s legislative process
- Sharpen leadership skills, gain valuable campaign and organizing tools
- Make new friends with other students from across California
- Meet elected officials and improve networking skill
- Receive hands-on training in the areas of civic engagement and media advocacy
- Mock legislature at the State Capitol (serve as a senator for a day and debate important public policy issues ranging from elections, education and public safety)
Thursday, August 1 – Sunday, August 4, 2019
Muslim high school students from across California
Student applications due by Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific.
Advisor Recruitment: MYLP relies on the support of young leaders in our community to serve as advisors during the program. All advisors are assigned to a group of 3-4 students and are responsible for creating a welcoming and safe environment. Interested college students and young professionals should submit applications by April 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific.
For details, contact your local CAIR-CA office.
Greater Los Angeles Area: email@example.com | 714-776-1847
San Diego Area: firstname.lastname@example.org | 858-278-4547
Sacramento Valley/Central California: email@example.com | 916-441-6269
San Francisco Bay Area: firstname.lastname@example.org | 408-986-9874