PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING & SAVE A COPY FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION.
- Please complete all required fields; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must at least be a freshman in high school to apply. Priority preference is given to those ages 17-18 with the strongest application.
- You will be unable to save and return to this application; you must complete it in one sitting.
- Please prepare answers to the following essay prompts before starting the online application. Please fill it out and submit it AFTER you’ve saved your short answers on a separate Word document. You must fill out the entire online application including answers to both essay prompts to be considered. The essay prompts are:
- What event has had a lasting impact on your life and how has it changed your view of the world and your role in it? Note: Think about a challenging obstacle you have had to overcome or a moment of triumph that you have experienced. (500 words max.)
- Please research a CURRENT and SPECIFIC government policy at the city, county, state or federal level. What would you change about this policy? Why do you think the change is necessary? Please cite sources using in-text citation. (500 words max.)
- *NOTE: Please be sure to include in-text citations for all information in your answers that does not belong to you. We monitor plagiarism on all applications and engaging in academic dishonestly will result in the disqualification of your application.
- The 2019 MYLP will take place in Sacramento from Thursday, August 1, 2019, to Sunday, August 4, 2019.
- The application deadline is May 19, 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of selection by Friday, May 24, 2019.
- If you have any questions, please contact your regional CAIR office.