Schedule type: Part Time (Non-exempt, Hourly position) ; 16 hours / week
Location: Office located in Fresno, CA. Position is remote and based in Bakersfield. It requires travel throughout the Bakersfield Area. Periodic visit to Fresno office required.
CAIR-Sacramento Valley/Central California is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill a part-time Community Organizer position in Bakersfield.
CAIR SV/CC focuses on leadership development through community organizing, advocating for systemic change with a focus on health and racial equity, and using voter engagement and Census outreach to build power in the community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute Voter Registration, GOTV (Get Out the Vote), and census campaigns in Bakersfield
- Represent CAIR-CC in coalition meetings and work collaboratively on joint efforts with community organizations and coalition partners
- Speak publicly on behalf of CAIR-CC at rallies, town halls and mosque events
- Galvanize support of community organizations, public officials, faith leaders, grassroots leaders, allies, donors, and new and diverse communities for organizing campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of experience in base building, membership
- Experience in community organizing
- Experience in base building, volunteer recruitment, and leadership and strategy development
- Passion for CAIR’s mission and values
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, organizing, and communication skills
- Ballot initiative or electoral campaign experience highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives
- Familiarity, knowledge and experience working with the American Muslim community
- Work experience with a nonprofit organization or in a related field
- Willingness and flexibility to change job requirements as the team grows
- Valid automobile driver’s license and working vehicle required; this position will involve extensive travel throughout the Central California region. Must be able to accommodate a variable work schedule including nights and weekends.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, pension matching program, holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Please send (1) a cover letter, (2) resume, (3) three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Community Organizer.”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.