Schedule type: Part-time (Nonexempt, Hourly position)
Location: Office located in Fresno, CA. Requires travel throughout Fresno.
CAIR-Sacramento Valley/Central California is hiring for a Central California Outreach Coordinator. The Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Outreach Manager.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing landscape of priorities and responsibilities and be able to work independently and on a variety of teams. Excellent project management and the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines are required.
- Manage weekly outreach scheduling, including coordination with hosting mosques.
- Work with Islamic centers, MSAs and other faith communities on social justice issues.
- Coordinate presence at relevant organizations’ (college campuses, nonprofit, mosques, etc.) events, activities and meetings.
- Support organizing outreach events at local faith and community centers.
- Coordinate public education programs, interactive workshops, training sessions and forums.
- Support outreach marketing in person and on digital platforms.
- Work with volunteers and community activists.
- Other duties as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors and staff in a professional and effective manner.
- Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situation and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited time.
- Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before an audience, on camera and radio preferred.
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to the diverse Muslim community.
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout Fresno for events and outreach in an on-demand capacity.
- Commitment to social justice and passion for CAIR’s mission and values.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
To Apply: Please send 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Central California Outreach Coordinator.” No phone calls please.
Until position is filled
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.