We are seeking Census Outreach Workers to inform community members about Census 2020, which will impact the future of our state and the well-being of our region’s communities! This paid position requires individuals to engage, educate and mobilize community members about the Census through phone-banking!
Hours: June 1 through August 13, Sundays-Thursdays 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Pay Rate: $18/hour
Job Description: The paid Census Outreach Worker will make calls to inform community members about the Census. This position is remote. You must have access to a phone, laptop or desktop and stable internet connection to be considered. You are required to be in a quiet environment to make calls. Headphones are encouraged.
The Census Outreach Worker will:
- Have regular goals to get people engaged in the Census
- Stay on messaging regarding appealing to people to complete the Census
- Attend virtually any informational and training workshops
- Need to be willing to continually learn and improve outreach skills
- Must have strong communication skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Must remain organized and accurate when recording their activities or maintaining their materials.
- Must maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude. Individuals must be professional and self-directed and able to work well in a team.
- Commit to regular attendance and punctuality for designated shifts.
- Bilingual preferred
How to apply:
- Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!