Do you enjoy interacting with community members and organizing for social change? Are you looking for a part-time job that enables you to get paid doing social justice and civic engagement work? Join the San Diego office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-SD) in our mission to promote justice, enhance the understanding of Islam, and empower American Muslims!
Full Time/Part time: Part-Time, Temporary (Nonexempt)
Location: San Diego, CA
Hours: March through May, flexible and variable schedule.
We are seeking a Civic Engagement Lead who will help coordinate the Census outreach program from March – May 2020. We have the chance to shape the future of our state through engaging, educating and mobilizing potential census takers! This lead role will be responsible for working with CAIR staff and a team of outreach workers, manage data and reporting, and organize outreach and phone banking programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Civic Engagement Lead will be at the helm of a team who will be conducting digital outreach and making calls to inform community members about the Census. There will be no in-person outreach involved. The lead will also be expected to attend and coordinate virtual events to help community members fill out the Census survey.
The Civic Engagement Lead will:
- Maintain consistent team goals to get people engaged in the Census.
- Be in charge of daily reporting of team progress.
- Ensure the team is adhering to a consistent and appealing outreach message that invites people to complete the Census.
- Need to attend all informational and training workshops.
- Need to be willing to assess the team’s effectiveness and alter outreach to improve effectiveness.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Must remain organized and precise when reporting on daily accomplishments.
- Must maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be professional and self-directed and able to work well in a team.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to the CAIR-SD office if required.
- NOTE: Mileage will be reimbursed per I.R.S. standards.
- Must commit to prep and debrief work time.
- Must have a commitment to regular attendance and punctuality and be willing to hold others accountable.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.