Job Summary: We are seeking Civic Engagement Outreach Workers to conduct outreach on Census 2020, which will impact the future of our state and the well-being of our region’s communities! This paid position requires individuals to engage, educate and mobilize community members about the Census through outreach and phone-banking programs!
Hours: March through April, flexible and variable schedule
Wages: $18 per hour
Job Description: The paid Civic Engagement Outreach Worker will conduct outreach and make calls to inform community members about the Census. There will potentially be some door-to-door canvassing. Civic Engagement Outreach Workers will also attend events to help community members fill out the Census form.
The Civic Engagement Outreach Worker will:
- Have regular goals to get people engaged in the Census
- Stay on messaging regarding appealing to people to complete the Census
- Attend any informational and training workshops
- Need to be willing to continually learn and improve outreach skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be organized and accurate when recording their activities or maintaining their materials.
- Must maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude.Individuals must be professional and self-directed and able to work well in a team.
- Should have access to transportation to get to the CAIR-SD office and/or outreach locations.
- Commit to regular attendance and punctuality for designated shifts.
- Must be prepared to work in all types of weather and complete light physical activity such as standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Bilingual preferred
How to apply: Please email us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com!