CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill a newly created Communications Associate position. Join one of the most dynamic teams serving the American Muslim community.
Time: Part-time with occasional evenings and weekends required.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Coordinate media requests and follow up, while serving as the secondary media contact as needed
- Write and publish website and email newsletter content
- Maintain CAIR-SFBA’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- Work with the development department in aligning public relations and donor relations strategies and communications
All CAIR staff assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- 2-4 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of the media landscape, from mainstream to alternative outlets
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet strict deadlines
- Must have strong initiative and demonstrate the ability to learn in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of AP style preferred
- Video editing proficiency and knowledge of Premiere preferred
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- A strong familiarity with issues relevant to American Muslims and a passion for social justice
- Experience working with WordPress, Constant Contact, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & LOCATION
The Communications Associate will be based in CAIR’s Santa Clara office and report to the Executive Director.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief example of your writing, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Associate”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.