We’re preparing for the 2020 Election! Are you passionate about civic engagement? Would you like to ensure the Muslim community asserts our fair share of economic and political power for generations to come? Do you enjoy interacting with community members and organizing for social change?
This job is perfect for anyone looking for part-time work who would be excited to get paid for talking to people about civic engagement and civil rights. Join CAIR-SFBA in our mission to promote justice, enhance the understanding of Islam, and empower American Muslims.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an understanding of the significance of the 2020 election and educate and mobilize community participation
- Manage booths at local mosques and other high traffic areas and events
- Staff phone banking, door knocking, and other outreach events in different community settings including community centers and mosques, halal restaurants, and ethnic grocery stores
- Support and participate in community-building programming such as community listening sessions and interactive webinars
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude.
- Demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and community empowerment
- Community organizing and leadership experience preferred
- Committed to regular attendance and punctuality
- Ability to take initiative, stay organized, manage multiple tasks, and work independently as well as within a team
Reporting Relationships & Location
The Community Canvasser will report to the Executive Director, as well as work closely with the Advocacy Department. They will report on a weekly basis to our Santa Clara office.
Part-time (4-10 hours each week) with frequent evenings and weekends required. Hours will be scheduled according to both the organizational needs as well as the availability of the canvasser.
- Pay is $16.48/hour
- Mileage will be reimbursed per I.R.S. standards
Please submit your (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) three references using the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now