Are you concerned about civil rights and Islamophobia? Do you enjoy interacting with community members and organizing for social change? Are you a student, parent, or retiree looking for a part-time job that enables to you to get paid to do social justice work? Join the San Francisco Bay Area office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-SFBA) in our mission to promote justice, enhance the understanding of Islam, and empower American Muslims.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage with community members about their civil rights and opportunities for civic engagement
- Manage voter registration booths at local mosques and other high traffic areas and events
- Canvassing community centers, mosques, halal restaurants, and ethnic grocery stores
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Community organizing and leadership experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and community empowerment
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation
Reporting Relationships & Location
The Community Canvasser will be based in CAIR’s Santa Clara office and report to the Executive Director.
Part-time with frequent evenings and weekends required.
- Pay is $16/hour
- Mileage will be reimbursed per I.R.S. standards
Please submit your (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Community Canvasser.”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.