CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is recruiting for an experienced and accomplished candidate for its new Development Manager role. The position will be responsible for executing the organization’s fast-paced and community focused development work.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Steward existing donors through regular communications, donor appreciation, and follow up
- Research and apply for potential funding opportunities, including private foundations and corporate giving programs
- Track and submit grant reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Coordinate and draft fundraising mailers and online giving campaigns
- Secure sponsorship and advertisements for annual banquet and special events/programs
- Coordinate expansion of existing monthly donor program
- Coordinate special events such as informational dinners
- Implement and promote planned giving program
- Coordinate corporate matching program
- Other duties as assigned
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Relevant work experience, specifically in grassroots community focused fundraising efforts in the non-profit sector
- Excellent oral and written communication and managerial skills to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and effective manner
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and CRM platforms
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited time
- Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before an audience
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to the diverse Muslim community
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout Northern California for events and outreach in an on-demand capacity
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Google AdWords
Reporting Relationships & Location
The Development Manager will be based in CAIR’s Santa Clara office and report to the Executive Director.
Full-time with occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Compensation in the range of $64,720 to $80,000/annually, commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, pension matching program, holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Please submit (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief writing sample, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, using the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by January 31, 2019.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now