1303 10th Street
July 27 @ 8:00 am - July 30 @ 8:00 pm
Join us Thursday, July 27 to Sunday, July 30, for an intensive, four-day retreat in Sacramento designed to introduce American Muslim high school students to the areas of media, law, and government–avenues that shape public opinion and public policy.
The MYLP students will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of California’s legislative process
- Sharpen leadership skills, gain valuable campaign and organizing tools
- Make new friends with other students from across California
- Meet elected officials and improve networking skill
- Receive hands-on training in the areas of civic engagement and media advocacy
- Participate in a mock legislature session at the State Capitol
Where: The program takes place in Sacramento.
When: Thursday, July 27 to Sunday, July 30
Who: Muslim high school students from across California.
The deadline for submitting a student application is Wednesday, May 31. Student applications submitted after the deadline will be placed on a waitlist.
Apply today: https://ca.cair.com/mylp/registration/
MYLP relies on the support of young leaders in our community to serve as advisors during the program. All advisors are assigned to a group of three to four students and are responsible for creating a welcoming and safe environment. Interested college students and young professionals should submit their applications by Wednesday, May 31.
Apply to be an advisor: https://ca.cair.com/mylp/advisor-application/