This will be a uniquely challenging Ramadan. Together we have all witnessed the devastating, effects of COVID-19 and each of us has been personally impacted consequently.
However, our staff and board have also been reflecting on how grateful we are for our community’s unity and commitment to service. While our faith demands that we pray for relief, it also insists that we take decisive action during these moments of extreme need.
For over 25 years CAIR-SFBA has been dedicated to keeping families together, defending our community members, investing in our youth, and protecting the most vulnerable among us. We are now uniquely positioned to strategically address the advocacy and legal needs that have arisen for our community during this time, and your support enables us to rise to the challenge.
Since moving to shelter-in-place in our region in early March, CAIR-SFBA has been:
- Advocating for individuals who have been impacted by the various border closures and who have found themselves in a precarious immigration status, free of charge.
- Coordinating virtual meetings with elected officials and community members to amplify Muslim voices and perspectives as policy and resource decisions move quickly.
- Pivoting in-person outreach to phone banks, calling hundreds of households to urge them to complete the census while they stay at home.
- Transitioning our programs to online efforts so that our community members know their rights as they relate to the census, immigration, and travel during the pandemic.
- Working with partners and the media to ensure that COVID-19 scapegoating of minority communities is condemned.
CAIR-SFBA continues to adapt its work during this time, supporting and defending our local community in the midst of this crisis. While we recognize that this is a difficult time for so many people, we are asking for your support this Ramadan so that we can sustain our renewed strategies. Your zakat or sadaqa gift of $5,000, $2,500, $1,000, $500, $250, $100, or any amount, will support our ability to advocate for any Muslim brother, sister, aunt, or uncle, ensuring our community is always protected.
Insha’Allah, we must raise $200,000 to support and grow CAIR’s work in this important time.
To make a donation by check, please make your check payable to CAIR, and mail to: 3160 De La Cruz Blvd., Ste.110, Santa Clara, CA 95054. Note: We recognize that credit cards are convenient for most donors and appreciate all donations. However, it costs less in transaction fees to CAIR if you mail a contribution, and so if doing that won’t delay your giving, please consider it as an option to maximize the charitable use of your funds.
To make a stock donation, or if you have any questions about your donations, please contact us at 408.986.9874.
Remember that donations to CAIR qualify for zakat and are tax-deductible (Tax ID: 77-0411194).