As a civil rights advocacy non-profit, CAIR-SFBA is tasked with striving to protect and uphold our Constitutional rights. Though the size of our task is large, our resources are not. Because of this, we rely heavily on volunteers and interns to help make our goals a reality. If you are interested in helping out with CAIR-SFBA’s work, we would more than welcome your participation and support.
Join one of our 2021 volunteer teams:
- Civic Engagement Champions
- join meetings with your local and state elected officials, speak at local public meetings to offer your support or opposition to proposed policies in your community, engage in digital and in person outreach.
- *must live in the Bay Area.
- Blog Team
- coordinate with the blog team to currate, draft, and publish new and interesting stories straight from the community.
Volunteer opportunities are flexible and available year-round to those who are 16 and older. To volunteer at CAIR-SFBA, please read carefully below:
1. All prospective volunteers must complete the volunteer application here: CAIR-SFBA Volunteer Application.
2. Volunteers must attend a mandatory orientation. Because of COVID-19 these orientations are being held via Zoom on a monthly basis. You can choose the orientation you’d like to attend on the volunteer application.
3. Volunteers must also provide a signed confidentiality agreement before volunteering.
Volunteers will be alerted of upcoming in and out of office opportunities via a newsletter, which is sent out on a weekly basis.