Volunteer as part of CAIR SFBA’s 2020 team of Civic Engagement Champions!
Our first ever Civic Engagement Champions (CEC) volunteer group will play a crucial role in ensuring our community is informed about and engaged in the 2020 Census and Elections. Together, several dozen committed individuals will reach thousands of groups and individuals in their respective cities and regions.
With our community’s political voice at stake in a historic election year, this is a unique opportunity to serve your local community through being an ambassador of CAIR-SFBA!
To volunteer as a Civic Engagement Champion, applicants should:
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have access to a working vehicle or public transportation
- Plan to attend a mandatory volunteer orientation in January 2020
- Plan to attend a monthly webinar in February, March and April 2020 (dates TBD)
- Commit to a number of hours (minimum four hours per month) for the CEC’s active time frame of February, March and April 2020. Hours committed will be calendared at least two weeks in advance of the commitment.
- Be willing to engage in one of four tracks – in order of priority need:
- Phone banking
- Door knocking
- Community canvassing
- From-home media advocacy and other options to engage the community through personal resources
Deadline to apply is January 21, 2020.