Volunteer as part of CAIR SFBA’s team of Civic Engagement Champions!
Our Civic Engagement Champions (CEC) volunteer group plays a crucial role in helping us build unity, leadership, and power among our community. Together, several dozen committed individuals reach thousands of groups and individuals in their respective cities within the Bay Area.
With our political voice at stake, this is a unique opportunity to serve your local community through being an ambassador of CAIR-SFBA!
To volunteer as a CEC, applicants should:
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have access to a working vehicle or public transportation
- Plan to attend a monthly Zoom gathering with staff and the CEC team
- Commit to supporting CAIR’s work on at least a monthly basis throughout the year; this could entail being trained and guided to
- Join meetings with your local and state elected officials (coordinated by our Sr. Government Relations Coordinator)
- Speak at local public meetings to offer your support or opposition to proposed policies in your city or county
- Conduct social media outreach to engage the community through personal resources, including to amplify our calls to action (e.g., digital letters to power holders)
- Support our volunteer and community engagement efforts through community-building with the staff, other CECs, and the community at large
- Phone and text bank using your personal phone and/or computer
When public health guidance enables CAIR to resume in-person outreach:
- Table at mosques and other community centers/events
- Flyer at mosques and other community centers/events
- Doorknock in CAIR-identified neighborhoods to talk to people and leave flyers