The deadline to apply to the Muslim Youth Leadership Program has been extended to May 13th. The Muslim Youth Leadership Program (MYLP) is an intensive, four-day retreat in Sacramento designed to introduce American Muslim high school students to the areas of media, law, and government–avenues that shape public opinion and public policy.
The program takes place in Sacramento. Over the course of MYLP, you will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of California’s legislative process
- Sharpen your leadership skills and gain valuable campaign and organizing tools
- Mock Legislature at the State Capitol: Serve as a senator for a day and debate important public policy issues ranging from elections, education and public safety.
- Receive hands-on training in the areas of civic engagement and media advocacy
- Meet elected officials and improve your networking skills
- Make new friends with other students from across California
Thursday, August 2 – Sunday, August 5, 2018
The application deadline is Tuesday, May 13, 2018.