- This event has passed.
November 8, 2014 @ 12:00 am
The CAIR-SFBA 20th Anniversary Banquet is now SOLD OUT. To be added to the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The San Francisco Bay Area office of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) invites you to our special 20th Anniversary Banquet on November 8th, 2014 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Join us in celebrating 20 years of promoting justice and civil rights advocacy in the Bay Area. 1,000 attendees are expected, including community members, faith leaders, and elected officials.
We encourage you to review the information below so that you can enjoy the Banquet to its fullest Insha’Allah.
Tickets & Registration
Every single person must register before entering the Mission City Ballroom, where the evening program will take place.
1,000 guests are expected at the event, and there is another comparably large event in the venue at the same time. Please allow enough time to park and enter the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Program & Dinner
*Please note that the following times will Insha’Allah be strictly adhered to.*
5:00 PM | Registration Opens
5:30 PM | Doors Open
6:00 PM | Program Begins
6:30 PM | Dinner is Served
Dinner service will end by 7:05 PM. (In order to ensure you do not miss your dinner, please arrive on time.) We encourage people to arrive early so they can meet speakers, participate in the silent auction, and see friends.
Parking is free for CAIR-SFBA banquet attendees. Please make sure to park in the Santa Clara Convention Center self-parking garage.
Maghrib is at 5:06 PM today. The designated prayer area will be in Room 201 on the second floor of the Convention Center.
Childcare Drop-off & Pick-up
The childcare room will be on the first floor of the Convention Center. If you did not pre-register your childcare tickets, they are $20 on-site and there are very limited spots remaining. They will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis. We cannot ensure childcare availability for late arrivals.
Only the parent/guardian who drops off the child/children at childcare will be permitted to pick them up. Identification will be required when dropping off and picking up children.
Attendees are encouraged to take pictures during the program, and share those and other updates via social media using the hashtags #CAIRBanquet, and #CAIR.
This year’s silent auction features over two dozen items ranging from 49ers tickets to a Pier 39 family package, jewelry by Katie Miranda, and more! All proceeds will benefit CAIR’s work, and so we encourage friendly competition.
What should I do if I have a special accommodation request (e.g. ASL interpreter)?
- Please contact us at 408.986.9874 or via email at email@example.com.
What are my parking options at the event?
- Parking is available at the Santa Clara Convention Center free of charge. On the day of the event, please follow all signs and volunteers indicating where spots are available.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 408.986.9874 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
- Registration/ticket are transferable. If you should wish to transfer your ticket, please call our office at 408.986.9874 or email us at email@example.com with the subject title “Transfer Ticket – From [the name of the original owner] to [the name of the new owner].” The subject title will help us ensure that all tickets that need to be transferred are accounted for. Once tickets are transferred, we cannot accept the original owner without a confirmation e-mail requesting the ticket be transferred back. This helps us ensure that we do not double-count tickets.
What is the refund policy?
- Because CAIR-SFBA is a non-profit organization, any tickets that are bought and not used will be considered a donation to the organization. That said, please consult your accountant or a tax specialist as CAIR-SFBA does not issue donation receipts for tickets purchased.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn’t match the attendee. Is that okay?
- The name on the registration/ticket must match the attendee. If it does not, we cannot accept an unmatched ticket to the event.