The Council of Sacramento Valley Islamic Organizations has created a response network to help our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The organizations included in this effort are:
- Al-Misbaah, which is helping the community with food, cleaning and hygiene supplies, and other items, along with emergency funding. Visit their website here: https://www.al-misbaah.org/
- Ar-Razzaq Food Bank, which is helping fulfill the community’s food-related needs. Visit their website here: http://ar-razzaqfoodbank.org/
- CAIR-Sacramento Valley (CAIR-SV), which is helping the community confront discrimination and bullying, along with providing immigration services. Fill out the civil rights (discrimination and bullying) intake form here and the immigration services intake form here.
- Muslim American Society Social Services Foundation (MAS-SSF), which is offering Tele-Counseling from virtually anywhere. Please call 916-486 -8626 for services in Arabic, Dari/Farsi/Pashto, Urdu, Punjabi and many more languages. A hotline is available to support seniors; please call 855-550-7877. Visit their overall website here: https://www.mas-ssf.org/
- Refugee Enrichment & Development Association (REDA), which is offering case management and language access services. They can help with filling out housing, social service and employment applications, along with navigating unfamiliar medical, educational and social systems. They offer Arabic and Farsi/Dari translation. Call or text 916-245-0088 if you have an urgent need for help. Help them identify and relay needs to government agencies by filing out this form: bit.ly/REDAhelp. Visit their overall website here: https://redacenter.org/refugee/index.php/home/
- Shifa Community Clinic, which is offering comprehensive health care to the entire community in need, regardless of background. Visit their COVID-19 page here: https://www.shifaclinic.org/covid19
- Our region’s masajid for supporting and coordinating efforts to support the community.