Start Your Naturalization Process with CAIR
Ensure you aren’t already a citizen. If your answer to one of the following questions is “Yes,” then you may not have to go through the naturalization process:
- Were you born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory?
- Is one of your parents a citizen?
Determine your eligibility for citizenship:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be a lawful permanent resident
- Must have had continuous permanent residence for at least 5 years (3 years if married to a citizen)
- Must prove that you’ve been in the U.S. for 30 months (18 months if married to a citizen)
- Must show that you’ve lived for three months in the state where you claim residence