As Salaam Alaikum,
Innocent Palestinians have been targeted by a relentless and illegal Israeli military campaign. The U.N. reports that more than 70% of the casualties have been civilians.
During times like these, it can be easy to feel helpless. The list of things you can do below is intended to empower you to put your frustration and grief into action, channeling it effectively for the benefit of our brothers and sisters in Palestine.
- Pray for Palestine
- Familiarize yourself with the facts of the situation:
- Send an electronic letter to your elected officials. Here’s a way to do it quickly
- Volunteer to help with a letter writing campaign at local masajid. It is imperative that in the coming days our elected officials hear from as many of us as possible. If you can volunteer even two hours of your time to help, please contact CAIR-SFBA Programs & Development Coordinator Lucy Porras
- CAIR staff will have template letters while tabling at various Bay Area masajid. Stop by to sign a letter and even take some with you for your family and friends to sign
- Set up meetings with your members of Congress to discuss US military aid to Israel and our country’s complicity in the ongoing attack on Palestine. Look yours up here. For help with this, contact CAIR-SFBA Government Relations Consultant Sameena Usman
- Attend a rally or vigil for Palestine. There are several happening in the Bay Area, making it very easy to find one in your neighborhood. For starters, there is one in Fremont tonight and one in San Francisco on Saturday
- Follow the media. Pick one news article about Palestine and adopt it for two days. Post relevant comments on it constantly. After two days, pick another one and do the same. News editors are paying attention to what their consumers say and think
- Write a letter to your local newspaper about the situation. Here is a helpful guide on how to do this. For assistance, please contact CAIR-SFBA Executive Director Zahra Billoo
- Converse about Palestine with family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. Keep it top of mind for everyone
- Support organizations like American Muslims for Palestine, the Institute for Middle East Understanding and others who are working to change the narrative in the US
- Share and like relevant articles and posts about Palestine on Facebook and Twitter. It is the least you can do. Start by sharing this action alert