1315 10th St.
July 23 - July 26
The Muslim Youth Leadership Program is an intensive, four-day retreat in Sacramento designed to introduce American Muslim high school students to the areas of media, law, and government–avenues that shape public opinion and public policy.
The program takes place in Sacramento. Over the course of MYLP, you will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of California’s legislative process
- Sharpen your leadership skills and gain valuable campaign and organizing tools
- Mock Legislature at the State Capitol: Serve as a senator for a day and debate important public policy issues ranging from elections, education and public safety.
- Receive hands-on training in the areas of civic engagement and media advocacy
- Meet elected officials and improve your networking skills
- Obtain insight and career advice from top executives in these fields
- Meet other ambitious Muslim students from across California
Thursday, July 23 – Sunday, July 26, 2020
Muslim high school students from across California.
Deadline to submit application is by Sunday, April 26, 2020 at midnight.
Applications submitted after the deadline will be placed on a waitlist.
Advisor Recruitment: MYLP relies on the support of young leaders in our community to serve as advisors during the program. All advisors are assigned to a group of 3-4 students and are responsible for creating a welcoming and safe environment. Interested college students and young professionals should submit their applications by April 12, 2020.
Sacramento Valley/Central California: firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-441-6269